Bharat Stage 6 or BS6 norm is the sixth mandate for vehicular emissions. It was set by the Central Pollution Control Board under the Ministry of Environment and Climate change to keep a check on air pollutants from an internal combustion engine of vehicles.
The BS6 emission norms will be implemented from April 1, 2020 and as per a Supreme Court order, all vehicles sold from the date will have to comply with the stringent emission norms. In this post, we will list some of the top BS6 bikes in India.
BS6 engines will help in reducing NO emissions by approximately 25% in petrol engines. This will help in reduction of air pollution.
Top BS6 Bikes in Delhi, Noida and Ghaziabad
- Royal Enfield Classic 350: The popular cruiser bike Royal Enfield Classic 350 was launched with a BS6 compliant engine earlier this year. The 346 cc engine of the bike generates 19.1 BHP of power and 28 Nm of peak torque. It uses a single-cylinder, air-cooled motor with a fuel-injection system. The bike is available at a starting price of 1.65 lakh.
- Bajaj Pulsar 150: Bajaj Auto Limited launched the BS6 version of its popular Pulsar 150 bike in India earlier this month. It is available in a standard disc brake variant as well as a twin disc brake variant. The Bajaj Pulsar 150 is powered by a 149.5 cc single-cylinder four-stroke engine with fuel injection. It can generate 13.8 BHP of power and 13.25 Nm of peak torque.
- KTM 200 Duke: KTM launched the 2020 200 Duke earlier this year with a BS6 compliant engine. It is powered by a 199.5 cc liquid cooled DOHC engine that generates 24 BHP of power and 19.3 Nm of peak torque. The KTM 200 Duke is priced at 1.73 lakh. KTM’s entire portfolio of bikes is now available with BS6 compliant engines.
- TVS Apache RTR 160: TVS was among the first to launch a BS6 compliant bike in the country. The Apache RTR 160 was announced in November last year. The bike is powered by a 159.7 cc single-cylinder oil cooled engine that can generate 15.8 BHP of power and 14.12 Nm of Torque.
- Yamaha FZ S V3: Yamaha FZ V3 is also available with a BS6 compliant engine. It is powered by a single-cylinder 149 cc engine that generates 12.2 BHP of power and 13.6 Nm of peak torque.
These bikes are the first ones to arrive with BS6 standards in Noida, Ghaziabad and Delhi.